About Ontonagon Township Library
Ontonagon has had public library services for over 100 years, beginning with the Ontonagon Woman's Library organized on October 29, 1904.
Today, the Ontonagon Township Library provides library services to all residents of Ontonagon, Greenland, Bohemia, and Rockland townships. We also provide services to residents of Carp Lake township (White Pine) through a reciprocal service sharing agreement (Carp Lake library members can use the Ontonagon library, and vice-versa)!
OTL is a single-room library located in the Ontonagon Township Building at 311 North Steel Street in downtown Ontonagon. We are adjacent to the Township of Ontonagon offices, and directly beneath the historic Ontonagon Theater of Performing Arts.
All times EST
Monday - 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday - CLOSED
Friday - 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m.
Sunday - CLOSED
Librarian & Children’s Programming Coordinator
You might also find substitutes, work study students, or volunteers working in the library from time to time!
(There are currently no job openings at OTL.)
- Public PCs and open WiFi access (with 24 hour availability from north parking lot)
- General information and reference services
- Print, copy, scan & fax services
- Black & White: $0.20 per page
- Color: $0.75 per page
- Fax: $2.50 for 1 or 2 pages; $1.00 per page for larger jobs
- Interlibrary loan services (request books and DVDs not available in our local collection)
- eBooks and digital audiobooks through Great Lakes Digital Library
- Our in-house collection includes approximately 30,000 physical items (primarily hardcover books from major publishers, but also DVDs, CD audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, items of local interest, graphic novels, large print books, and more!)
- Archives of local newspapers and records dating back to the late 1800s (microfilm and OCR-searchable PDF formats)
- State and federal tax documents
- Annual Summer Reading program for youth (18 and under)
… and more!
- Linda Wadman ~President
- Sue Kessler ~Vice President
- Carol Yakovich ~Secretary
- Donna Siren-Perryman ~Treasurer
- Nancy Schrieber ~Trustee
- Kay Pragacz ~Trustee
The OTL Board of Directors is a publicly-elected body of unpaid officials. If you are interested in running for Library Board, please contact the Ontonagon Township Clerk.
Board meetings are held the first Monday of every month at 4:00 P.M. in the first floor meeting room of the Ontonagon Township Building (down the hall from the library). Meetings are open to the public per the Open Meetings Act.